Hola mis amigos!!! Welcome to the first post of My 6-Pack Quest blog! It's good to see you! Can you stay for a while? Great!
Let me introduce myself. My name is Russell Sabo. I'm 37 years old and I live in the small town of New Ulm, MN. I currently work at a local factory, ILPEA Industries, where I make freezer gaskets (you know, the gasket with the magnet inside that keeps the freezer door closed). Yep! Exciting, I know!
To my credit, I'm also studying web design and internet marketing independently. I should have a website up and running within a month or so. It won't be the most professional-looking site, but it will be a start. I've found through the last couple months that one CAN spend too much time reading and learning, and that with some things, such as web design, it's better to jump right in and get my hands dirty. Everything else can be learned on the fly, and websites can be updated.
So today is Fasching here in New Ulm, and everybody is out celebrating. Schell Brewery, the local brew, had their celebration earlier today. Bockfest! I haven't attended it yet, opting for the warmth of my apartment instead of the late winter chilly morning air. New Ulm is a predominantly German town, and they love their drinking holidays, so the streets and bars will be full tonight! Good times to be had by all! Well, mostly all. If you haven't noticed, this blog is called My 6-Pack Quest, so my attendance will be missed. I'm working on a 6-pack, not a keg!
Well, I should get right down to it and let you know where I'm starting out, and what i'm going to do to fix it!
I stand 6 feet tall and weigh 220 pounds.
My measurements are:
Shoulders: 54 inches
Chest: 44 inches
Abdomen: 44.75 inches
Waist (narrowest): 43.25 inches
Hips: 43.75 inches
To be clear, when I measure my shoulders, I measure so the tape is 1 inch above the nipples. For my abdomen, I measure right over the bellybutton. And for the hips, I just measure around the widest part of my butt.
I haven't taken my pictures yet, but I will post them as soon as possible.
So the question is: How am I going to fix this obvious fat problem?
The answer is: through weightlifting, cardio, and two or three 24 hour fasts a week. As I go, I'm positive I'm going to have to modify my diet more than just fasting, but for now, it's good enough. I need to focus on the exercise first to turn it into a habit before I mess around with my diet too much.
The weightlifting program I'm going to be using is Vince DelMonte's "Your Six-Pack Quest." I've read his book and have finished almost 2 weeks worth of his program so far, and I have to say, it's going to work. I've lost 4 pounds already in almost two weeks, so it's a good start, and the workouts leave me sweating puddles all over my living room floor, and the gym floor.
For cardio, I'm using Scott Sonnon's "TacFit Commmando." It consists of bodyweight exercises that leave me in the same condition as the weightlifting. It seems close enought to High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for me to feel comfortable using it without overtraining and burning out. I'm also incorporating in some steady-state cardio by running. I'm using the "Couch to 5K" program provided by the folks at CoolRunning.com.
So far so good!
Okay, my time is up for now! I'll be back to post some pictures very soon!
I hope you can stop by again!
Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment